Almost immediately after the Opening General Session began, they passed out the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. OMG! It's PACKED full of new products and BIGGER than our last catalog! There are some pretty incredible new dies, stamp sets, copper foil DSP and accents, great new punches, accessories. Stampin' Up! was smart enough to give us about 15 minutes to flip through the catalog. I just can't describe how fun it is to sit in a room full of demonstrators and friends and "oooh" and "ahhh" about all of the new products!
As promised, I can now show you some of the new products! First up are the five new in colors....along with a sample of the new 2016-2018 In Color Ribbon!
From top to bottom in the photo above are: Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum, Dapper Denim, and Peekaboo Peach. We received a small sampling of the new 3/8" Ruched Ribbon at CentreStage Leadership attached to a bookmark. I absolutely love the new ruched ribbon! What are your favorite colors?
I think many of us instantly fell in love with the Affectionately Yours suite of products shown above. You probably can't see in the photo above, but the floral sheet of Specialty DSP contains copper foil accents! It's GORGEOUS in person! The coordinating colors are Crumb Cake, Copper, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, and Watermelon Wonder.
The embossing folder used on the Whisper White piece is new. It's actually one of a set of two in the "Floral Affection" embossing folders. Each folder measures 4-1/2" x 2-7/8". They're perfect for a little accent like the one shown above or a focal point on a card. The stamp set we used is called "Love & Affection" and contains 16 photopolymer stamps that coordinate perfectly with the designer series paper. Not shown is yummy, coordinating washi tape and copper embossing powder!
The card pictured above is one of the 20 unique cards you can make using the Oh Happy Day Card Kit (a photo of all of the cards is pictured further down in the post). This kit makes the perfect gift! Or, it's also great for some fun, hip cards for any occasion. I can't wait to get the kit. The kit contains a 13-piece photopolymer stamp set, ink, accessories, envelopes, and instructions. The only thing you need are scissors and adhesive! Oh, and the adorable photopolymer stamp set is ONLY available when you purchase the kit. You'll definitely want to add this one to your wish list.
This card pictured above is from the "Technique" spotlight. And, you may be thinking, "Kristin, I know how to make a shaker card." But, wouldn't a Shaker Card be so much easier if you had long, skinny dimensional strips??? (FYI, the answer is YES!) These new "Foam Adhesive Strips" are 1/8" wide and 9" long. Each package contains 10 YARDS of foam strips (a photo of the new foam strips is pictured further down in the post)! I'd secretly been hoping for smaller dimensionals. WELL....we may not have smaller dimensionals. BUT, I immediately thought you could cut teeny tiny 1/8" x 1/8" dimensionals from these strips for attaching tiny pieces to a card as well. Now, because they were designed for shaker cards and spinner cards, they're a bit thicker than our regular dimensionals. I definitely see more shaker and spinner cards in my future! Oh, and did you spot the other sneak peeks above? Maybe a new confetti punch? And, obviously some new stamp images from the Confetti Celebration stamp set.
Finally, as promised, the photo above is one of the cards you can make using the May Paper Pumpkin Kit. Never before have we been allowed to share a sneak peek of an upcoming Paper Pumpkin Kit. They're usually top secret. This kit is super fun! It comes with Pumpkin Pie Corrugated paper, fabulous die-cut card bases, ink and adorable accents....oh, and a FABULOUS 20-piece stamp set. It looks like the kit has supplies to make 8 cards. Check out more photos of the kit below along with three additional project ideas - we all love taking the kit and using the supplies to make something totally different! The butterfly card is my favorite!
I don't want you to miss out on another kit. Give it a try! You can subscribe for just one month. If you don't like it, don't continue! There are a couple of ways to get the next kit:
- Subscribe and pay as you go ($19.95 per month plus tax). You can cancel at any time. To get the kit pictured above, you'll need to subscribe by May 10th. Click here to subscribe now.
- Purchase a Pre-Paid Subscription and add it to your regular Stampin' Up! order (and it'll count towards Sale-a-Bration rewards and hostess benefits)! You can buy a 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month subscription. You'll be emailed a code once your order is complete. You'll redeem that code when setting up your Paper Pumpkin subscription.
More Sneak Peeks
Oh, and I'm not done with the Sneak Peeks! I have more to share! I don't know about you, but when I get the new catalog, I immediately turn to the accessories section! Stampin' Up! had some samples of the accessories up on the display boards, so I snapped a few photos to share.
Up above I mentioned the Foam Adhesive Strips....well, apparently I snapped a photo of them! Oh, and peeking out of the top corner are some IN COLOR DOILIES in the 2015-2017 In Colors! And, I'm SO sad that Candy Dots are retiring. BUT, they're being replaced by these awesome Enamel Dots (and shapes). You now get 2 different sizes of circles as well as hearts and stars. AND, they're in the new In Colors as well! HOWEVER.....be warned....there are NO NEUTRALS!!! However, we do have Metallic Enamel Shapes in Gold and Silver. They're hard to see but they're pictured in the second photo. They also come in the same shapes.
And, if you know me, you know I LOVE ribbon....so here are some of the new ribbons!
I'll try to explain the ribbons pictured above:
Left Column (Top to Bottom):
- Thick Baker's twine in Cucumber Crush, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White. We will still carry Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral.
- 1/8" Stitched Ribbon in Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate. This is the same as the Bermuda Bay 1/8" Stitched Ribbon in the Occasions Catalog which will continue to be available in the Annual Catalog!
- 1/4" Natural Trim in 2 colors: Gold and Silver. Each ribbon has a single "stripe" of gold or silver running down the center of the natural-color ribbon.
Second Column (Top to Bottom):
- Metallic Thread in Copper and Black. We will still carry Silver and Gold.
- 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon in all of the five 2015-2017 In Colors
- 5/8" Burlap Ribbon (LOVE). The thicker Burlap we currently carry is retiring.
Third Column (Top to Bottom):
- 3/8" Ruched Ribbon in all five new 2016-2018 In Colors. (A better picture is posted above)
- Solid Baker's Twine. This is the same thickness as the standard baker's twine but now comes in Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Elegant Eggplant, Emerald Envy, and Night of Navy. We currently carry solid Whisper White.
Fourth Column (Top to Bottom):
- 3/8" Stitched Ribbon in Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Real Red, and Very Vanilla. this is the same as the 3/8" Ribbon we currently carry, but all of the current colors are retiring and being replaced by these.
- Mint Macaron 3/8" Sheer Linen Ribbon (this is the only color available in this style)
- AMAZING new Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim (this replaces the current lace trim)
- Whisper White Mini Pompom Trim.
Finally, I snapped a photo of all of the cards you can make with the Oh Happy Day card kit!
There was SO much to see and do at OnStage. Here's a fun view looking down into what we used to call the "Gathering Place". This big area is where we could participate in the Product Spotlights, check out the new Paper Pumpkin, get inspired by display boards, learn more about some of the new dies along with some tips and tricks, and eat lunch.